Iran live updates: Trump posts map labeling Strait of Hormuz 'new' US territory
ABC News · LC · trust 46/100

President Donald Trump announced "major combat operations" against Iran on Feb. 28, with massive joint U.S.-Israeli strikes targeting military, government and infrastructure sites.
Delegations from the U.S. and Iran entered negotiations in June aimed at a war-ending deal based on a memorandum of understanding signed by both countries.
The U.S. and Iran have nonetheless continued to exchange strikes, with the strategic Strait of Hormuz the primary flashpoint.
Dubai residents told to seek shelter amid missile threats Residents in Dubai have been told to seek shelter after UAE air defense systems detected a missile threat targeting the county.
"Please remain in a safe location and follow warnings and updates issued through official channels," the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority of the UAE said Tuesday.
Kushner says Iran not showing interest in a deal that 'makes sense for us' Special Envoy Jared Kushner said Iran is "not showing any interest" in making a deal that makes sense for the U.S., but noted that dialogue between the two countries is more "robust" than ever.
Kushner’s comments came after President Donald Trump said that there are no conversations ongoing or scheduled with Iran — contradicting Kushner and even himself after acknowledging earlier that there were backchannel discussions between the U.S. and Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
Pressed for specifics on the reported conversations, Kushner said Monday that he would not get into specifics but declared that “the conversations between the US government and- and different areas of the Iranian government, at all areas, is probably more robust than it's maybe ever been," Kushner said.
Trump's son-in-law noted that, at the moment, Iran was “not showing any interest in- in doing something that makes sense for us” in terms of making a deal.
“They have to be willing to make a real deal. I think if they're going to try to play a trick or do something to hide certain cards and get certain concessions. For now, President Trump wants to make a fair deal,” he added.
Trump says no talks are scheduled with Iran President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that there are "no talks or conversations" occurring now or scheduled in the future with Iran and asserted that the U.S. Naval blockade of the country remains in "full force and effect."
Writing on social media Tuesday, Trump also claimed that the Strait of Hormuz was "open and operating" and that "all water mines have been removed or detonated."
Trump's post comes just a day after Fox News reported that the president said in an off-camera interview that the U.S. was backchanneling with the Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
Tehran had previously denied that such talks were occurring following an Axios report that Iraqi Kurdish officials were helping to mediate discussions between the U.S. and IRGC.
Iran official says Trump's Strait of Hormuz map is 'delusion' Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi responded to President Donald Trump's posting of a map labeling the Strait of Hormuz as a U.S. territory by saying the image amounted to a "delusion."
"Just as Trump correctly wrote the name of the eternal Persian Gulf, his delusion regarding the Strait of Hormuz will soon either be corrected, or we will correct the delusions of this delusional man," Gharibabadi wrote in a post on his X account on Tuesday.
President Donald Trump announced \"major combat operations\" against Iran on Feb. 28, with massive joint U.S.-Israeli strikes targeting military, government and infrastructure sites.
Delegations from the U.S. and Iran entered negotiations in June aimed at a war-ending deal based on a memorandum of understanding signed by both countries.
The U.S. and Iran have nonetheless continued to exchange strikes, with the strategic Strait of Hormuz the primary flashpoint.
Read the original at ABC News →
Open in TruthVane →